Successful clusters need excellent management alongside well-designed services to be really effective for their members. This workshop and peer-coaching event are focused on the key challenges facing creative clusters.
- Developing the right mix of services for creative businesses – including expert advice, finance, voucher schemes, data services, productivity and growth through ‘cross innovation’.
- Establishing the right infrastructure – including effective geographic clustering and creative communities in coworking and incubation centres.
- Effective advocacy and political lobbying – maximising the creative sectors impact within enterprise policy setting and regional innovation ecosystems.
- Towards greater professionalisation of Cluster Management – from the skills development of individual cluster managers to creative excellence accreditation for the overall cluster organisation.
Who should attend? Cluster managers, business support intermediaries and coworking & incubation centre managers, with a specific focus or interest in creative and digital businesses.
- Be inspired, with new ideas and solutions to become better cluster managers •
- Understand the latest ideas around supporting creative businesses •
- Access new resources to run cluster organisations, coworking & incubation centres better •
- Get noticed by policymakers in your region and take a greater role in innovation and enterprise ecosystems
The event is free to attend and will take place on 2nd July 2014 in Stuttgart, Germany, with an optional peer coaching session on 3rd July. Places are limited as it will be highly interactive, with time to discuss individual delegate issues. The event will be run in English and will have a mix of attendees from a number of European countries. 50% travel grants will be available for qualifying participants from the UK and parts of Germany and France. For further details and to book click here. UK delegates signing up will then be contacted by either Creative England or Coventry University Enterprises directly to discuss travel grants and logistical information.